This week I got a call from Salesforce.com telling me that Enhanced Domains are coming. Thanks, SFDC, but as an SFDC ISV we are already on top of that 😉
We got quite some questions from customers if Enhanced Domains will impact them. On the other hand, some customers are affected on their Sandboxes and do not have a clue that Enhanced Domains was automatically enabled in their Sandbox by the Summer 22 release of SFDC.
But what are Enhanced Domains?
They enhance the “My Domain” you already have in your Org. I have not seen any Org recently that did not have a “My Domain” set. In the old days, you would have to set your domain manually, but it is not set automatically from day one your Org is available. Even on a DEV Org.
With Enhanced Domains, your domain will be available in every URL for every type of content your use from SFDC. The content can be your Account, FILES, or VisualForce page, … but also on Experience cloud or Sandboxes.
None of the URLs will have the ORG number (EU12, NA1, …) in the URL anymore.
Why Enhanced Domains?
I see two reasons:
- Because the ORG Number is not there anymore, it is easier to move customers to other PODs. They do that to move customers to the new AWS environments and to balance loads between PODs. If a POD gets too big or has too many customers and the POD, it can easily move some customers to a new POD.
- Meet the latest browser standards around third-party cookies
Of course, SFDC will give some other good reasons like branding as the domain is now in every URL, but overall the above are the ones I see as the biggest reason for them to do this 😉
How does it impact the Butler Suite?
Let’s dive in:
- PDF Butler: not impacted
- SIGN Butler: when Enhanced Domains are enabled, the only thing you need to do is redo the Registration in the Admin tab
- COLLABORATION Butler: the App Registration in Azure needs the new URL added. That is it
- FORM Butler: when Enhanced Domains are enabled, the only thing you need to do is redo the Registration in the Admin tab
- BULK Butler: not impacted
If you have more questions on Enhanced domains, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success team: firstname.lastname@example.org